Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Salt of the Earth

Yesterday I drove to Texas to see a friend I hadn't seen in ten years. It was like we'd only seen each other yesterday! It was the old Feast of the Nativity and we exchanged gifts. We had lunch at a French cafĂ© and talked for hours, mostly about Him; His best friend, the white-haired gentleman, AKA, PBXVI and the book club. Although the picture on the left is a terrible picture of me, I love that we are in front of some very old books. Thanks lh for being such a great friend . . . and let's please try to get together before it's another ten years, okay?! ☺

And because this is a book blog, I must add that I listened to my favorite white-haired gentleman's interview on Salt of the Earth while I was driving there and back. It resulted in a few missed turns but it was worth it. I can't begin to say enough about how good it is. Well I can . . . and I think I just did. More to follow!


Check out my books on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment