Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The July Book Blowout Wrap-up

Book

Sadly folks, booklady did not make her goal of 8 books. In fact, she did not even come close! However, I did manage to finish 4 adult books and 2 young adult books, plus a whole bunch of little kid's books. And I've been working on some pretty tough non-fiction for my two on-line Catholic book clubs, one of which I'm moderator for. So, maybe . . . it's not as bad as it sounds?

Anyway, here are some questions Mrs. S posted that we could answer about the Book Blowout. I've put her questions in red and my answers in black.

1. Did you discover a new author? Yes, I did as a matter of fact! Her name is Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch and she writes excellent young adult historical fiction! She also happens to be my friend on goodreads!!! How lucky can a booklady be?!

2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading? Can't really say I read anywhere unusual...just all the same places: in bed, sitting in chairs, waiting in my car, at the kitchen table and well, of course in the official "Reading Room"!

3. Did you read more than usual? Yes! I found the challenge of having a deadline helped keep me a little more focused. Not a lot--but a little.

4. Did you give up anything in order to read more? Housework?! Does that count as something to 'give up'? LOL!

5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on? Silly question! Books...is there anything else?!

6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout? Absolutely!

Loved it! Thanks Mrs. S! Call me or stop by next time you're having another book challenge of any kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment