Saturday, May 21, 2011

Zombie Cassettes!

     Just when you though it was safe to get rid of your old cassette player, they're coming back. Kinda. That's a link to a Washington Post article, but last month there was an earlier story on an audiophile web site.

     I have a box filled with cassettes, mostly air-checks from all those years in radio. I spent some time two years ago going through them and creating a general kind of index. I also remember standing in Rockefeller Plaza as a teenager "interviewing" passersby for a school radio project....on a cassette, of course. Lots of us bought our first "albums" in cassette format, mostly I guess in the 70's and 80's. It was Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band for me, which came out in 1967.



     I've commented on the end of the cassette several times on this blog. Here ...and Here too.

    Looks like the obits were premature. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment