Monday, February 28, 2011

Good morning!
Had an 'off' day yesterday after I pulled a couple of muscles in my back.
Ouch!
Wasn't really in the mood to sit at a computer.
Things I have learned:
  *Write more drafts, so I just have to push a button to post on "those days".
  *Sitting in my living room chair, don't lean across to pet Tanner when he is on the adjoining couch. No matter how cute he is.

I have just been added to a treasury on etsy. Here is etsy's main site addy:
Here is the exact address for the treasury that one of my items has been featured in:

happy dance!

oooooh, and here's another treasury my very good friend Orna has made, with one of my recycled bottlecaps:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d650ce898f16d910e34b0ba/inspired-by-nature#4d6bed08c9a18eef3dc54a55

I would like to start you off today with photos of some altered dolls that are for sale on etsy - http://www.etsy.com/

This one is from:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shell3409?ref=seller_info

This next one can be found here :
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BaudettesPlace?ref=seller_info
"Here and there we meet with one who possesses that fairy-like power of enchanting all about her; sometimes she is ignorant herself of this magical influence, which is, however, for that reason only the more perfect.
Her presence lights up the home; her approach is like a cheerful warmth; she passes by, and we are content; she stays awhile; and we are happy."
- Victor Hugo

Are you remembering to save your gum wrappers, CDs and juice pouches?
You will want a nice variety of these for upcoming projects.

ALSO: be sure to save plastic bags from different place, like a retail store, vet, anything with a logo or pattern on it. Grocery plastic bags are too thin.


Rubber Stamping Tip for Beginners:
Here's an easy way to remember card stock sizes for making cards:

one sheet of cardstock 8 1/2" x 11"
* Cut in half, and you have 2 regular sized cards (once you fold them in half).
* Cut each half in half again, and you will have 4 pieces of cardstock ready to trim and add to the inside of your card, or to layer on the outside.

So, you can cut one 8 1/2" x 11" sheet in half=two 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" pieces
OR
You cut one 8 1/2" x 11" sheet in fourths = four 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" pieces

That tip is for Marge, who is definitely a numbers/measuring person. I am not, so I actually had to get out the calculator to re-assure myself I had split 5 1/2" in half correctly!
(I had.)
I am much more visual, and measure with my eye up to 1/16" correctly.
So, one way or the other, you still have your cardstock cut up correctly!

Well, I don't want to make this blog into a book-a-day thing, so perhaps that is enough for today!

Okay, one more quote:
"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun."
- George Scialabba

Do have some fun today! Rainy or sunny, snowing or blowing, today is a beautiful day that God has created for all of us to enjoy.
inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment