Thursday, July 28, 2011

Frank Ocean "Thinking About You"

One of the biggest phenomenons next to ya boi righchea to bless the music industry with his many talents is Frank Ocean.  He's been around for a while in the background, but his part in Odd Future really helped shine some light on a diamond in the rough.  Since then, he's been writing for Beyonce, Jay-z & Kanye, etc.  The list grows on!  Well, last night he dropped the track on the sneak tip and tried to pull it before the blogs could  get it.  Welp, didn't work out that way, cause we got it Frank!  Let's give this could-a-been teaser a listen...




THE VERDICT:  Frank, we love your music man.  Even that song you wrote for Beyonce I hated her singing it, I could see the potential and how deep of a song it really was it just sucked that she was the one singing it So, when ever I see something new from you, as a fan, I am obligated to give it a listen in hopes that its just another step in the Greats direction.  Well Frank, go head and pick yourself up dawg.  Just Dust off and try again SIR!  This song is a disaster!  I mean, this is some ole Omg The Sky Is Falling And Oprah Is Tryna Show People Her Vagina With Out Their Consent disasterous ass sh*t.  I see exactly what you were trying to do.  Your younger fans are probably going to love it.  They don't know any better.  I may be a generation-Y baby, but I was born in the 80's kid.  My parents raised me on Soul, Motown, Funk, etc.  What you're doing here, I've heard done before, and executed wayyyyy better.  You don't have the vocal talents for this type of song.  You haven't been trained to do a delivery like this any justice.  I'm not saying that you can't grow and one day be able to pull a D'Angelo off, but today is NOT the day PATNA! Just Leave It Alone. TRASH IT!

LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU FEEL BOLD ENOUGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment