Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring vintage clip, mazes and a Sandra L. Foose bunny project

What a beautiful day!
"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
~ Jawaharlal Nehru
This is an illustration from "The Turned-Into's"
vintage book, 1930's

Here is the little poem that goes with it:

Let's have some rainy day activities, and do some exploring!

Sandra Lounsbury Foose is my all time most favorite designer and craft book author. I have every one of her books, and use them frequently. Although a book may be geared for a fabric toy, for example, her designs are so well done that I have adapted many to fit my craft of the moment. Perhaps into a paper card. Or I use the pattern and make a bulletin board decoration instead.
She even has a few books dedicated just for paper - Super Simple Paper is one of them.  Another is Super Simple Greeting Cards.
Here are some Amazon listings that can get you started on your road to a fantastic new scrap-saving adventure:
PAPER:
http://www.amazon.com/Paper-All-Seasons-Projects-Presents/dp/0823038920/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1301152927&sr=1-1-spell

http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Super-Paper-Projects-Twist/dp/0809228645/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301152852&sr=1-5

http://www.amazon.com/Card-Shop-Dazzling-Collection-Greetings/dp/0809225417/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_11

Here are a couple of titles that are Scrap Savers:

http://www.amazon.com/Scrap-Savers-Stitchery-Sandra-Lounsbury/dp/0024966800/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_7

http://www.amazon.com/Scrap-Savers-Hundred-Little-Crafts/dp/0848714199/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_6

Here is a darling bunny basket to make. Very simple, very cute!

I have made this little basket, and changed the ears to fit what I wanted. Using this pattern, I have made them into little kittens, and little bears. I also have made little children ones, each with their own hair style.
Mrs. Foose has another design that are snowmen, with fun black top hats.

What to do with them?
  - jelly bean holders
  - perfect for one special Easter Egg
  - fill with winter mints (snowman)
  - A special place to keep your erasers
  - a barrette holder for little girls

You think of more, and let me know!


"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It is already tomorrow in Australia."
~ Charles M. Schulz, creator of 'Peanuts'

"I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become,
 I will always plant a large garden in the spring.
Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy
that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth?"
-   Edward Giobbi
one of my daisy necklaces for sale on etsy


c.1918
c.1907

Well, I'm off to meet a friend for brunch, and then we're going to do some errands.
One of my errands is to go pick up a bottle of Modge Podge. Yesterday with my sister I picked up some darling napkins and clear glass items to decoupage on.
I am hopeful that I will be able to take pictures and present my first tutorial with photos soon!
It truly is a beautiful project!

I have to time it, as I hope to teach this at our Village Baptist Church's Women's Retreat, coming up April 30. I need to know if we can do it in the time allowed.
If you're in the area of 128th and Colorado Blvd, Denver, you are welcome to join me April 30!

inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment