Thursday, October 21, 2010

The subWAY

     Anyone who has lived in New York City for any length of time...especially in Manhattan...knows the joys and terror of the subway system. The N.Y. Times has posted a lengthy photo tribute to the underground/elevated trains that carry so many people where they need to go in the Big Apple. The pictures go back to some of the earliest days to recent times.

     I took the F and the E train from Queens into Manhattan more times than I care to count, and when I lived in Manhattan, the trip uptown was just minutes long from my apartment near Washington Square. Depending on the time of day, that was either a fast and uneventful journey, or a threatening edgy experience.

     I never got mugged or anything on the subway, but there were times when I thought it was a distinct possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment