Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Polished: How To Remove Glitter Nail Polish

I love glitter nail polish. It is sparkly and fun and statement-making and just so nice to look at while I type all day. I do not love removing said glitter nail polish. I usually apply 2-3 coats to get maximum sparkle impact, but then am stuck scrubbing and scraping it off when I decide it is time for a new manicure. Personally, I do not think it is right to spend more time removing nail polish than it took to apply it in the first place.

Enter my glitter fairy godmother at a nearby beauty store. I had a bottle of Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance in my hand – it is a gorgeous color, but I was complaining about what a pain it is to remove glitter nail polish.

She suggested placing a nail-polish remover soaked cotton ball on the polished nail, wrapping the tip of your finger and cotton ball in aluminum foil, waiting a few minutes, and the glitter would come right off.

I was skeptical but intrigued. After Google-ing “nail polish remover + aluminum foil interactions” and deciding that this method would not make my fingers fall off, I gave it a try.




HOLY CRAP, did it work. I made myself little alien fingers, waited about 5 minutes, and voila! The nail polish came almost completely off, and the leftover edges came off after another swipe. I am beyond excited to have a foolproof way to remove my most glittery polish!

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment